Creating Your Own Luck: How Attitude, Humility, and Curiosity Can Increase Your Return on Luck (ROL)
Creating your own luck is possible by having a positive attitude, being humble, curious, and seeking out opportunities instead of complaining about others' luck.
This video is extracted from an article on “Increasing your Return on Luck (ROL)" by Roshan Thiran. Access it here and Part 2 of the article here
- 🌍 Attending conferences in different cities can be seen as a stroke of luck for some individuals. So is the view of Jermaine on Julia's luck.
- 😮 Julia's perceived luck is actually a result of her right attitude, humility, curiosity, and willingness to take on challenges and not mere “luck.” But for Jermaine, she has yet to grasp that
- 🌟 At the end of the video, Jermaine starts to understand that “Every day is a new opportunity to seek out and create your own luck, so make the most of it and kick ass!”
- 00:00 😊 Julia is lucky because she gets to attend conferences in Sydney and now Shanghai, while the speaker feels left out.
- 00:36 🍀 Julia is considered lucky because she has the right attitude, is humble, curious, and takes on challenges.
- 01:33 💡 Create your own luck by having a positive attitude and seeking out opportunities instead of complaining about others' luck.
Is it possible to create your own luck?
—Yes, it is possible to create your own luck by having a positive attitude, being humble, curious, and seeking out opportunities instead of complaining about others' luck.
What qualities can help in creating luck?
—Having a positive attitude, being humble, curious, and seeking out opportunities are qualities that can help in creating luck.
How can a positive attitude contribute to creating luck?
—A positive attitude can contribute to creating luck by attracting positive opportunities and experiences, and by allowing one to see possibilities and solutions instead of obstacles.
Why is being humble important in creating luck?
—Being humble is important in creating luck because it allows one to be open to learning, growth, and new opportunities, and it also helps in building positive relationships with others.
What should one do instead of complaining about others' luck?
—Instead of complaining about others' luck, one should focus on seeking out opportunities, being proactive, and taking responsibility for their own actions and choices.
This video was recorded at the Leaderonomics office by the Leaderonomics team