Bibop Gabriele Gresta, co-founder and chairman of Hyperloop Transportation Technologies, wears many different impressive hats that will make you go “wow”. Besides being a global expert in finance, transportation and media, he also specialises in mass market community building and project design. He is a world-renowned speaker, featured at the World Economic Forum, TechCrunch, United Nations and Ted Talks, among others, focused on transportation and human mobility. He is a respected activist in transhumanism and ethical entrepreneurship.
From a software programmer to a musician to a disruptive innovator, his leadership journey to success looks like a fun and enjoyable one, and perhaps that’s one very important trait we can all learn to cultivate in our own respective journeys.
This might interest you: Be A Leader: It Pays To Have Fun At Work
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Get into the mode of resolving real issues that concern humanity instead of trivial matters, i.e. to build a better world for everyone to live where resources are limited.
- Start thinking of the role you can play now for the future. Start disrupting the conventional way of thinking and do things differently to improve processes and efficiency.
- When starting out your career, don’t focus. Try out different things to gain experience, and remember to add value to others along the way.
- Be strange (not physically), i.e. be original in your ideas. Be pioneers of innovations. What people say cannot be done, the more it should drive you to prove them wrong. If you need to, distance yourself from those who try to stop you from achieving your dreams.
- Never give up. Every failure is one step closer to your goal. Prepare yourself for a lonely journey to success, but be stubborn and push through anyway.
To watch the full interview, check out the video below:
(PS- at the end of the interview, Bibop raps for us - don't miss that!)