Paul Leibold is the founder and chief executive officer of Adaptive City Mobility (ACM). Leibold initiated ACM in 2012 where he built the current partnership and raised funding from BMWi. As early as 15 years ago, this industrial engineer spearheaded micro e-mobility projects for BMW Group. He played a significant role in building two successful German e-mobility start-ups.
The Leaderonomics Show host Roshan Thiran caught up with Leibold to learn more about his leadership journey in innovation, specifically in e-mobility in smart cities and sustainable electric mobility solutions.
Too familiar a sight for those travelling on the roads. This is not a smart city, is it?
Check this out: 4 Life Lessons From Captain Planet And The Planeteers
Here are some key takeaways from the interview:
- Don’t be contented with the status quo. Always strive to be better than the former days.
- People are naturally resistant to change because of the lack of knowledge of new technology. Before expecting stakeholders to embrace any new innovation, business leaders need to help them understand the bigger picture.
- To make the world a better place, leaders in the sustainability space need to drive the change and inspire others to follow them.
- To solve future problems, leaders need to learn collaborative skills to bring all industry experts together.
- Be curious enough to take the narrow path to carve out your own purpose.
- Running a business is no longer about product features, but about impact. Positive impact will lead itself to business sustainability and profits.
This might interest you: Why Should I Care For The Environment?
Share with us your thoughts about this interview at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more episodes of The Leaderonomics Show, click here. To engage with Leaderonomics to help your organisation innovate strategically, email us at email@example.com.