Working together with employers to increase graduate employability
Based on the 2014 survey conducted by TalentCorp in collaboration with the World Bank, career services centres are underutilised and do not fully understand companies’ needs.
As a result, graduating students may not be aware of the full range of opportunities available to them, or fully understand the requirements from employers to position themselves competitively in the application process.
One of the ways to address this is to reach out to students through an online portal, Ready4Work.my website (www.ready4work.my).
With content from leading graduate employers, Ready4Work.my reaches out to graduating students through Gen Y driven articles, videos, infographics and podcasts.
What makes Ready4Work.my different is the collaborations with leading employers to produce insightful content with the objective of increasing employability and demand of graduates in Malaysia.
Visit Ready4Work.my for:
- Tips from HR practitioners from leading employers such as Accenture, Axiata, Maxis, EY and PwC on job interviews and resume-building
- Updates on relevant events like Sector Focused Career Fairs, Semester Break Programmes and Competitions
- Internship options
- Career advice from senior corporate leaders
- Information on graduate programmes from leading employers
- Insights into key economic sectors including Telecommunications, ICT and Shared Services
- Personality and Career Assessment Tests
- A Job Profiling Tool to learn more about job roles suited for you
Practical advice shared through video collaborations with major companies such as “How to build a good engineering CV” (with Motorola Solutions Malaysia), “Marketing Yourself” (with EY), “Career Opportunities in Stock Trading” (with CIMB), “Executive Talk Series” (by Sridharan Nair of PwC, Dato’ Sri Shazalli of Celcom and other corporate captains) as well as “Speak English” to improve your command of English (with Accenture Malaysia) have been well received.
Through this collaboration, employers are not only benefiting from access to a larger graduate pool, but are also taking the lead in helping to nurture and develop leadership among the younger generation.
Overall, our country is able to gain from a rising generation of leaders poised to bring a positive impact to Malaysia.
Employers who collaborate with ready4work.my are able to:
- reach out to a wide graduate pool
- enhance their branding through graduate programmes and competitions
- raise awareness of career options and internships
- provide industry-related content to improve graduate employability skills
Visit www.ready4work.my to find interesting content from leading employers.