The CCO (Chief Celebration Officer) at Friedman & Associates, he is also a former President of the National Speakers Association (NSA), and an internationally sought after speaker and author, having written “Celebrate – Lessons Learned from the World’s Most Admired Organizations,” “Happily Ever Laughter – How to Engage Any Audience,” and “Using Humor For A Change.”
Seven key takeaways from Friedman on how to celebrate in our workplaces and ‘sell-le-brate’ with customers include:
- To celebrate means to acknowledge all that is good, which results in you changing the way you look at things, your language and your life.
- Customers want to be honoured and celebrated. Go the extra mile to create the ‘wow’ experience.
- Celebrate your employees. Happy employees make better employees, resulting in better engagement and productivity at work.
- Make people feel special.
- Relate to people through stories and humour. After all, the shortest distance between two people is a good laugh.
- Humility and self-effacing humour are vital for leaders to have.
- If you look for the best in people, you will find the best.
This might interest you:Surprise Your Customers With A ‘Wow’ Experience