Raja Singham is a well-known entrepreneur in the field of education, and a founding member of a myriad of companies specialising in corporate training, advertising, publications, event management and information technology development.
Raja has been in the private education sector since 1991, and is the driving force of many start-up ventures, particularly those that contribute to social good. He has authored numerous texts and study manuals, most notably on the Law of Evidence.
Raja inspires a spirit of philanthropy in BAC through his charitable efforts. The Make It Right Movement (MIRM), a corporate and social responsibility (CSR) initiative by BAC, aims to create a sustainable positive impact on society by championing community causes, both locally and globally.
He is also a council member on the governing board of the Society for the Severely Mentally Handicapped (SSMH), and a patron of Tech Outreach Malaysia, a social enterprise that assists disadvantaged communities requiring socio-economic and regional development.
Watch this inspiring video of Raja being interviewed by Leaderonomics founder & CEO, Roshan Thiran, as he shares his journey of success and failures in the business of education and start-ups.
Here are some key takeaways from this exclusive interview:
- People can automatically feel your energy when you are in the business for your passion, instead of money.
- Power is in your mind to maintain your sanity in the midst of crisis and failures.
- There is no point sitting down and worrying about the past when you can look at the present to build something for the future.
- To taste success, you shouldn’t be afraid to fail.
- Out think your competitors and don’t limit yourself with what you already know.
- If you don’t invest in your organisation’s branding, you are just a commodity.
This might interest you: Do You Fight Or Flee From Failures?
This interview is part of the AmBank CEO BizChat series powered by Leaderonomics. Share with us your thoughts about this interview at email@example.com. For more episodes of The Leaderonomics Show, click here. To engage with Leaderonomics to help your organisation innovate strategically, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.