Marketing Through Videos is The way To Go
I think that in a few years from now, we’re going to be in a world where the vast majority of content that people consume online will be in video formats.
Those aren’t my words – this was the prediction offered in April 2016 at F8 (Facebook’s annual developer’s conference) by the company CEO, Mark Zuckerberg.
It is already happening now with various communication and social media channels – YouTube aside – like WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram promoting video features for users.
At a time when digital communications have to be at once entertaining, informative, snappy and shareable, online video production and consumption is growing at an impressive rate.
See also: The Time To Look Beyond Text Is Now
Zuckerberg also told the F8 conference that Facebook would be “mostly video” within the next five years.
It is well into realising its “prediction” with the roll out of Facebook Stories, videos and other interactive features that have picked up pace this year.
For a man whose social network has over 1.2 billion monthly active users, business leaders would do well to pay attention to the words of the Palo Alto pioneer.
Video is a great way for organisations to promote what they do, partly because it combines a number of methods, such as text, sound, visuals and other interactive elements, to drive the message home.
A well-crafted video can offer amazing value in terms of boosting brand engagement and strengthening customer relations.
People love to be told a story, and video works so well because we’re firmly tuned to the idea that video is all about storytelling – all we consumers have to do is sit back and watch whatever unfolds before our eyes.
Watch this video on the story of Leaderonomics:
Savvy business leaders are fast catching on the power of video marketing.
Done well, businesses can receive substantial returns on investment from their video content.
Along with a strong social media presence, there’s a considerable untapped audience waiting in the wings for the organisations that are willing to get creative in attracting and retaining a broad client base.
One of the great benefits of video production is that it’s now easier and cheaper, and there are many platforms on which businesses can reach new and relevant audiences.
Of course, finding the time to produce high-quality video content can be a challenge, which is why a number of producers such as Leaderonomics TV are on hand to offer creative solutions using state-of-the-art resources at much more affordable prices than in years gone by.
This might interest you: When No One Cares About Your Company Videos
Business leaders may be concerned about the number of organisations choosing to utilise video content marketing; however, judging by the growth in online video production, organisations should be more concerned if they aren’t part of this flourishing trend.
As ever, the best marketing and public relations campaigns are those that stand out by their relevance, creativity, quality and substance.
The question, therefore, is not “Can we afford to invest in quality video content?”, rather, “How far will we be left behind if we neglect online video marketing?”
As attention spans decline, the onus is on organisations to captivate their audience quickly and deliver a message of value and meaning.
There is certainly a growing online audience lying in wait: what will you do to ensure that your company is the one that grabs their attention this year?
10 reasons why video is the marketing medium this year
1. It was predicted last year that online video would account for 74% of ALL web traffic in 2017.
2. More video content is now uploaded to the web in a single month, than TV has created in three
3. 78% of people watch online videos every week. 55% of people watch videos online every day.
4. Five hundred million people are watching Facebook videos every day, while 82% of Twitter users
watch video content, and Snapchat users watch a staggering 10 billion videos every day.
5. 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least once a week.
6. 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video as part of their content marketing over the next
7. When marketers included video in an email, the click-through rate increased by 200-300%
8. 52% of professional marketers worldwide named video as the type of content with the best ROI.
9. 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, and communication.
10. 65% of video viewers watch more than three-quarters of videos watched.
8 incredible YouTube video facts from 2016
1. There are 3.25 billion hours of video watched each month.
2. On average, there are 1,000,000,000 mobile video views per day.
3. The time people spend watching YouTube on their TV has more than doubled in the last year.
4. Searches of “how to” videos on YouTube are growing 70% year on year.
5. The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes.
6. Six out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV.
7. Three hundred hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute.
8. The most viewed brand videos are on average 31–60 seconds long (32% of all views).