How often did you end up hiring a candidate just because no one better came along?
Usually, most HR professionals hire to fill up positions in a company, and in the process, tend to overlook one important factor—talent.
You see, the best candidates go off the market within 10 days—that’s how much in demand they always are. This means you need to pull up your socks and gear up with the appropriate tools and resources to find the right candidate at the right time.
Read more: Boost Your Influence And Retain Top Talents
Ready to be equipped with the best tools to find the best talents for your organisation?
Let’s explore five tools that can help with that.
1. Pre-employment skills platform
Using a pre-employment skills platform, employers can assess the skills and competencies of job candidates before even beginning the actual hiring process.
These platforms usually offer a range of assessments, tests, and simulations that evaluate a candidate's abilities in areas such as cognitive skills, technical skills, and soft skills like communication, teamwork, leadership, and problem-solving.
When looking for a pre-employment skills platform, the name Devskiller often pops up. Though it’s a great tool preferred by tech recruiters, it lacks other general cognitive and soft skills tests.
Fortunately, there are some great alternatives to DevSkiller, such as TestGorilla, which not only has an extensive variety of tests but also has anti-cheating features.
For example, when hiring React Native developers, you can assess your candidates based on any criteria with TestGorilla, from soft skills like critical thinking to coding skills.
Pricing: Starts at $0 per month with a limited number of tests
2. Applicant Tracking System
An Applicant Tracking System (ATS) is a type of HR software that helps organisations manage their recruitment and hiring processes.
One great ATS is Freshteam by Freshworks which automates many of the tasks involved in recruiting, such as:
- Job posting: You can create and post job descriptions to multiple job boards and social media sites and increase the visibility of your job post.
- Resume screening: Now no need to cram over piles of resumes when you can simply get them scanned and filtered based on specific criteria, such as education, experience, and skills.
- Customisation: You can customise your recruitment process based on your organisation's needs—including custom interview stages, candidate pipelines, and hiring workflows.
- Reporting: You get real-time reports on various aspects of the recruitment process, such as the number of applicants for a job, time-to-hire, and source of hire.
Pricing: Starts at $0 for up to 50 employees
3. CRM tools
CRM tools can be a game-changer in helping you improve your candidate experience, build stronger relationships with them, and increase the efficiency of your recruitment process. Beamery is one such CRM tool that makes the job easy and convenient for you.
Here’s how it does so:
- Beamery stores and manages candidate information in a centralised database, so you can easily search and filter candidate profiles based on specific criteria.
- It offers a unified platform for managing all aspects of the candidate experience, from sourcing and engagement to interview scheduling and hiring.
- It automates various aspects of the recruitment process, including candidate sourcing, screening, and nurturing.
- It seamlessly integrates with various other HR tools, including applicant tracking systems (ATS), human resource information systems (HRIS), and video interviewing platforms.
Pricing: On request
4. Video conferencing tool
Ever since remote or hybrid work became the new normal, the whole hiring process has evolved. Video conferencing tools became more prominent, allowing recruiters to connect with their potential employees despite where both are located.
Auxiliary reading: 6 Efficient Tips For Managing A Remote Team
These tools not only open up more possibilities to connect with more candidates but also allow you to save time spent on traveling.
When it comes to video conferencing, Zoom is quite a popular one.
- It supports high-quality video and audio for clear communication during interviews and meetings.
- Its features like screen sharing, meeting recording, virtual backgrounds, and polling are a hit amongst users.
- The concept of waiting rooms to keep candidates in a virtual waiting area until the recruiter is ready to start the interview is simply mind-blowing.
- Zoom integrates with various other HR tools, such as scheduling software and applicant tracking systems (ATS), making it easier to manage the recruitment process from a single platform.
Pricing: Starting at $0
5. Onboarding software
Hiring isn’t just about conducting interviews and assessing candidates—but it’s also about the experience your candidates have with you. How you engage them during the selection process and how you welcome them both greatly impact how their experience is going to be with you.
This may interest you: Digital Onboarding
This is where onboarding software helps you manage all onboarding tasks, from paperwork to training to introducing new employees effectively.
BambooHR is a great onboarding software that offers a range of features to help HR managers streamline the onboarding process and create a positive experience for new employees.
Supplementary reading: How to Make Onboarding Easier and More Effective: 5 Ways
Some of its key features are:
- Customisable workflows which can be tailored to the specific needs of the organisation.
- Electronic signatures reduce the amount of paperwork required for onboarding.
- Onboarding checklists to help new employees track their progress and ensure that they have completed all required tasks.
- Automated reminders to ensure all tasks are completed on time, and nothing falls through the cracks.
Pricing: On request
HackerEarth is a global company that helps large enterprises recruit, evaluate, and upskill developers based on specific skills. The company’s platform enables recruiters to make the most accurate and informed decisions about candidates, screen developers, improve hiring efficiencies, facilitate continuous learning and development, and ensure the right developers are matched with the right positions. HackerEarth is also a leading facilitator of online hackathons and coding challenges, where its community of over 7 million developers can upskill and practice for employment interviews. The company was founded in 2012 with offices in San Francisco and India.
- Extensive library of 16000+ exclusive questions across 18+ roles and 900+ skills
- Services 40+ roles and 10+ frameworks
- Automated evaluation and benchmarking of candidates
- AI-driven platform designed and tested for bias-free assessments
- Integrates with major ATS like Lever, ZOHO, JobVite, JazzHR, TalentHub
- Trusted by over 4000+ global tech companies
Leverage technology to hire the best candidates
In today's competitive job market, finding and hiring top talent can be a daunting task for HR managers. However, with the right tools, it is possible to streamline the recruitment process and attract the best candidates to your organisation.
Explore: How Technology Is Transforming Business
Leverage HR management tools to reduce redundant tasks and improve candidate experience with your organisation.
The quest to onboard top-tier talent in an organisation is ceaseless, and the tools at your disposal can make all the difference. From AI-powered software that screens resumes for optimal matches to platforms harnessing the power of big data to predict candidate success, the recruitment landscape has never been more advanced. Video interview platforms offer a real-time assessment of potential hires, ensuring cultural and professional fit before they even step into the office. Additionally, candidate relationship management tools help in maintaining an engaged talent pool, primed for future openings. Among these tools, specialised niche platforms, like those for dynamics recruiters, provide a concentrated space for finding experts in specific software applications. By leveraging these advanced tools, organisations are better positioned to attract and retain the crème de la crème of the talent pool.
Be sure to check out the media below: